The park-like setting of Cawood is reminiscent of the gracious stately manors of England, with a marvellously ordered mix of trees, stone and space. The house was built in Circa 1824 by Thomas Frederick Marzetti (an Englishman of Italian extraction) on 1000 acres, which was granted to him shortly after his arrival in Van Diemen's Land. He named his property after the town of Cawood on the River Ouse, in Yorkshire. Being the seat of the.
Read more