Thomas Frederick Marzetti, then aged 28, was granted 1,000 acres shortly after his arrival in May, 1824, and named the property CAWOOD. Soon afterwards he purchased 700 adjoining acres and added them to his estate. His wife Catherine Little and three children, Matilda, Maria and Sarah, were born at Cawood, as was Maria, who married Robert Patterson. T.F. Marzetti built the delightful old stone house and substantial outbuildings which are still standing. On 9th February, 1830,.
Read more