Now incorporated into the Cawood property, Hunter's Hill was settled by Captain John Young, who arrived in Tasmania the same year as Marzetti: 1824. His wife's maiden name was Hunter, which is a pretty strong clue as to the source of the nomenclature. Young had a fine dairy, which developed a reputation for excellence far and wide. A cluster of three buildings, still in quite good condition, is evidence of that prosperous dairy.
Read more